MJB Consulting (MJB) is a retail planning and real estate consulting firm based in New York City and the San Francisco Bay Area. The firm is retained by a wide variety of clients across the United States and Canada to undertake market analyses, devise retail strategies and guide tenant recruitment efforts.
Our typical assignments include:
- Devising a repositioning and retenanting strategy that would enable a shopping street to tap an entirely new demographic/psychographic segment
- Developing a citywide typology/hierarchy of existing shopping precincts so as to inform municipal thinking on appropriate priorities and initiatives
- Undertaking a tenant recruitment campaign on behalf of a particular business district, reaching out to prospective tenants and connecting them to specific landlords and brokers
- Advising a developer or retailer on possible markets, sites, tenant mixes and marketing strategies for reaching a particular type of customer
- Consulting on market viability, merchandise mix and tenant selection on a new mixed-use project with a significant retail component
- Running a workshop for non-profit organizations and public-sector entities on the basics of retail site location, market positioning and tenant recruitment